Nobody wants a baby with only one eye, a deficient brain, 36 fingers, or resembling an elephant or frog literally… I have seen this before. Alright, I may have exaggerated a bit. However, this doesn’t change the fact that it is a possibility if you fail to do the necessary things. Food is essential for the body and the kind of food you eat and don’t eat has a great effect on the health of your baby. Accidents can be prevented. Do you want a healthy beautiful baby? Then eat the right foods.
To have a healthy Baby during pregnancy, it is highly essential that you know the exact kind of food to eat and the kinds of food you need to avoid. Having this knowledge is very important if you don’t want to end up with a disabled or sick or abnormal baby.
Everyone wants a superstar baby. Well, here is where it all begins…
1. Take a lot of Diary Products: It enriches you with more protein and calcium to replace the nutrients being consumed by the fetus. Diary products have the best sources of calcium, phosphorus, B-Vitamin, magnesium and zinc. Yogurt is one good option especially probiotic yogurt. This helps your digestive system and reduces your chances of getting pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, vaginal infections and allergies…
2. Eat Sweet Potatoes: Yummy… Sweet delicious potatoes are rich in beta carotene which is a great source of Vitamin A. It is very essential for a healthy baby and taking so much animal based sources of vitamin A might not be so good for your baby. Sweet potatoes has a lot of fiber and fiber reduces your blood sugar, enhances your digestive health and mobility.
3. Eat Salmon: Salmon is very rich in omega-3 fatty acids and most times people don’t get this essential diet included in their diet. Omega-3 fatty acids is a natural source of vitamin D, It aids your bone health and immune system function. You can find more Omega-3 fatty acids in seafoods and this helps in building a complete brain and pair of eyes for your fetus.
4. Eggs: easy to get, quick to prepare and an awesome source of Choline which is essential for brain development and the overwhelming good health of the child. Do you know that Eggs have 77 calories and a vast amount of protein, fat, vitamins and minerals. Seriously, the risk of low Choline intake on your is decreased brain function and neural tube defects.
Eat eggs please… You can see it’s necessary importance.
5. Berries: rich in water, vitamin C, fiber and many other healthy nutritious compounds… Who wouldn’t want to eat Berries… The Vitamin C is important for your skin health and immune system function. Do not worry, the incredible natural sweetness doesn’t expose you to high blood sugar spike or diabetes. Always try to eat berries, your taste buds and your baby would thank you for it later.
There are still many other healthy foods that you can eat which contribute immensely to the proper growth of the baby and mother too. Some of these foods are:
Fish liver oil
Legumes(beans, soybeans, peanuts, peas)
Lean Meat(chicken, beef, pork)
These are not all there is though , I encourage you to read and research more on the right foods that are essential for your baby and know their nutrients and benefits. Don’t eat yourself and your baby to bad health because of not knowing… You can prevent so many unnecessary illnesses and sickness of your baby by feeding them right. Be a well informed mother, father, friend, relative, colleague or acquaintance. Knowledge is power. I’m glad that now you are informed to an extent about the important foods that can enrich the health of your baby (or it could be a friend’s or a loved one’s baby). Either way, it is important you know these facts.
I do hope you got a thing or two from this article. Thank you so much for visiting BlackWordz blog, you’re amazing. Please don’t leave without sharing your thoughts, comments and opinions. I can’t wait to hear from you. 😊😊